- Contributions are made on a pre-tax basis and are tax-deductible for income earned the year the contribution is made.
- Assets are purchased on a tax-deferred basis using IRA funds.
- Distributions can be taken at the age of 59 ½ and are taxed at that time.
- You may take distributions under the age of 59 ½ without incurring a 10 percent early-withdrawal penalty for qualified special circumstances. Check with your financial or tax advisor to ensure doing so falls within IRS regulations for these transactions.
- Self-directed traditional IRAs can invest in many alternative investments chosen by the account owner, based on his or her own knowledge.
The information provided in the WCA Education Center does not, and is not intended to, constitute financial advice and all information, content, and materials available in the WCA Education Center are for general informational purposes only. This information may not constitute the most up-to-date information. The WCA Education Center may contain information from or links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; World Cup Advisor and its affiliates do not recommend or endorse the contents of any third-party sites.
Trading futures and forex involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for everyone. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.